Tuesday, June 22, 2010

chocolatey death goodness

This weekend was pretty cool, Ben and I's best friend Adam just moved back to NC to attend school after he EAS'd last year and came to visit[meet Cambria]. I haven't seen him in over year and I was 5 months pregnant the last time he saw me so it was a big change. We went to a friends son's second birthday party and the next day we got to go to the beach which was very needed.

As the days go by I find its really starting to sink in, my husband will be home in less then 20 days!!! that's less then 3 weeks, And he is going to crap his pants when he see's Cambria it will be 2 days shy of exactly 7 months since he last saw her. Its been nice though the advanced party already returned to get everything set up back in the states and quite a few of our friends are now home. So my great idea and because I'm craving chocolate was to make them 'death by chocolate' since they all lost so much weight I figured Id help them put it back on lol, nice right? Really they've all helped me quite a bit because our truck is still in Oregon so they've offered and have been driving me around when I need groceries, or to run errands. Even come over just to hang out which has been nice I mean I love my baby girl but being cooped up in a house all day with only a 6 month old and no adult conversation drives a person batty.


So I figured I would share this chocolatey amazing-ness with everyone else but when the pants start getting tighter don't blame me cause I will warn you now its very addicting and you will crave it like nothing before. so for starters here's what you need. Just incase I'll tell you also, 1 large tub of coolwhip, a box of brownies really just your preference I as you see get Betty Crockers hershey's triple chocolate the extra chocolate chunks make it that much better I think. two boxes of jello chocolate mouse, and one bag of heath bar 'bits of brittle toffee'.


I would recommend making the mouse first as it has to set in the fridge for an hour, then bake the brownies just as it says to on the box and let them cool. When the brownies are cooled tear them into 1x1'' chunks or smaller its up to you. Put a layer of the brownie chunks at the bottom of the container, use half the bag of heath bits and sprinkle it on top of the brownies. Use half of the chocolate mouse and spread it evenly over the heath chunks, then do the same with the cool whip and repeat. When you are done it should look something like this. cover and let it sit over night in the fridge and Enjoy!







Mrs. B-Dub

2 comments:

  1. omg that looks amazing! too bad that too much chocolate gives me a horrible migraine......maybe the next time i have to go somewhere and bring dessert (as i usually do lol) i'll make this! thanks :D

    ReplyDelete