Thursday, July 15, 2010

Its finally over.[update]

At approximately 9 am July 13th I got to kiss my husband after 7 extremely long months.
Cambria and I had been waiting since 5:15 am, waiting to see the large group of men march up and play wheres waldo looking for daddy. luckily Ben actually was right in front of us when they stopped so he just had to turn around when they broke formation. It was the definitely the 3rd best day of my entire life. And the kiss was a bazillion times better then I had planned/anticipated. I wasn't able to get pictures due to my arms being full with him and baby as well as all my friends husbands were home that very moment as well so they were equally as busy but I guess that's okay. I didn't cry as much as I thought I would so the lack of mascara was a waste and Ben cried more then I thought he would[shh don't tell him I said that]. It was awesome to finally see him holding our baby though.
I have actually had that paragraph written for a couple weeks just haven't thought much to get back to it I guess. To my defense I have been slightly busy.

So an update life has been great,
I could say it hasn't been what I expected but I also didn't really know what to expect. I did have these worries of "is he still going to love me when he gets back" which I guess is a very normal worry/feeling for my circumstances[new baby and all]. But he does :) so I am worry free. Cambria absolutely loves her daddy slightly funny story about a week ago she started saying "dada" and now wont stop but we soon realized it wasn't Ben she was talking to it was her monkey, a stuffed animal I'd made for her at one of those build a bear places and her favorite toy.

Ben's leave starts tomorrow and we are staying here in good ol' Jvegas and I couldn't be more excited, we both agreed we need time without families bitching about who we are spending more time with or who didn't see Cambria enough. As well as we need time to be with each other and finally be a family. realistically before this deployment we spent less then 3 months physically together after we got married, due to him being in the field and preparing for the deployment and me moving back to Oregon to get my doctors and everything set up to have Cambria cause their original deployment date was canceled and all we were told is "be ready to deploy with 2 days notice" and there was no way in hell I was going to be stuck alone in North Carolina unable to travel due to being too far along or with a BRAND new baby. So the day he left for a month training to Virginia my mom flew out and we drove back to Oregon. Sorry for completely getting off subject, so basically we need to be a married couple and family cause we really haven't been able to.

Today we officially became coffee drinkers lol, lame I know also kind of stupid. Who in there right mind knowingly starts something that is very addicting, well other then drug addicts. I guess we are going the much less harmful and less expensive route. we were texting yesterday morning and realized how exhausted we are pretty much since he's been home, and no its not from lack of sleep ;) the latest I've stayed up is like 11. Cambria has been waking up at 5-5:30 for a bottle cause shes growing but goes right back to sleep after one of us feeds her. she normally goes to bed at 9 and gets up at 7-7:30 but Ben also gets up at 5 to get ready for work so we both wake up then anyway, and I go back to bed after he leaves so its not that big of a deal. I'm not sure if I'm getting to much sleep and that is making me more tired or what but I do not want to get out of bed in the morning and when I do I go directly to the couch and lay down while Cambria plays I even nap with her but I'm still tired and no I'm not pregnant we are being very smart about that and doing what ever we can to keep our two year plan and even if I were he's been home for 16 days..symptoms would be very unlikely[I hope].

So new subject netflix is amazing I am newly addicted to SO many tv shows; dexter, Californication, friday night lights, Ben just got me hooked on heroes, my queue is loaded with amazing cinematic adventures. If only every show/season I wanted to watch were available for instant queue it would be perfect but its just one more thing my lack of patience is having to grow for. I guess I will stop here and clean my house, even though its already clean I'll find something I'm sure. The "nesting" stage never went away after I had Cambria so I'm kind of OCD , I guess its good in case of surprise visits and general health. Hope everyone's July has been good and that August is even better :)

Mrs. B-Dub

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! What a great coming home! It brought tears to my eyes remembering when my hubby got back. I was scared to death I'd never find him in the sea of ABUs and cropped heads. Luckily he found us. :0)

    Oh, and the part about "Dada" the monkey had me laughing. HARD. :0)

    Enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete