Saturday, August 13, 2011

I hate facebook.


You know those inspirational pictures with the words like FREEDOM and a bald eagle. Okay now you know that one with the word AFGHANISTAN individual experiences may vary..then a pictures actually let me find it...

There we go, this^^^ picture is why I hate facebook, everyday I sign in and am reminded how not only individual troop experiences may vary but how there spouses experiences also vary.

Here this may piss a few people off but plain and simply put IN MY OPINION deployments are much different for infantry wives then they are for many non-infantry wives.
My husband doesn't have constant or even weekly and 99% of time monthly access to the internet in fact usually the only time he can get on is before they get to afghanistan and when they leave and are about to come home, and a phone call every other week is a lot of contact. Typically 5 out of 7 days he spends not a desk, room, shop, building but getting shot at somewhere else.
I wont say I miss my husband any more or less then any other wife Im just saying if you get to talk to your husband frequently while he's gone you have VERY little to bitch about.

I will never forget a wife once complaining to me about how worried she was that her husband didn't email her back the night before cause they would email at least twice a day and she hadn't heard from him in 12 hours. Now Im often a nice person and said oh wow that sucks, but inside I was thinking Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?! your going to complain TO ME of all people. That is like complaining how you sprained your ankle and can't walk t0 someone who was in an accident paralyzing them from the waist down.
WRONG PLACE TO LOOK FOR SYMPATHY.

I will give props to some army wives I do not know how you handle 14-15 month deployments I was glad for you when they announced the 9 month plan.


Mrs. B-Dub

No comments:

Post a Comment